2022 Tesla Model Y Trim Levels and Standard Features Explained
If you’re looking for an electric SUV, the 2022 Tesla Model Y is a fantastic option. On a full charge, the Model Y can go more than 300 miles, and a Tesla Supercharger station can give you an additional 100 miles of range in just a few minutes.
In the expanding market for crossover electric vehicles, the Tesla Model Y strikes the sweet spot. It shares a chassis and around 75% of the components with the smaller Model 3 sedan, but it also includes a rear hatch, a larger cabin, and the option for a third-row seat.
The 2022 Tesla Model Y stands out when it comes to offering a satisfying balance of room, range, and performance for an EV.
2022 Tesla Model Y Trim Levels
The 2022 Tesla Model Y trim levels include Long Range and Performance. In contrast to the Performance model, which has a faster maximum speed and quicker acceleration but a lesser range, a higher price tag, and no third row of seats, the Long Range model has a longer range (up to 330 miles) and comes with the third-row seat option.
2022 Tesla Model Y Standard Features
Now let’s go over the MSRP, standard features, and available packages for the 2022 Tesla Model Y trim levels starting with the base model Long Range which has a starting MSRP of $52,690.
Long Range – $52,690
The Long-Range trim level is designed for long-distance travel and includes:
- Dual Motor and All-Wheel Drive
- 314 to 330 miles of range
- Zero to 60 acceleration time of 4.8 seconds
- A 135-mph top speed
- 19-inch Gemini wheels
- 15-inch infotainment system
- Premium audio with 13 speakers including 1 subwoofer and 2 amps
- Music and media over Bluetooth
- USB-A port in the glovebox with a 128GB portable storage device included
- Vegan simulated leather seats
- Power adjustable front seats
- Heated front and rear seats
- Heated steering wheel
- HEPA air filtration system
- Dual-zone automatic climate control
- Tinted glass roof with ultraviolet and infrared protection
- Independent flat-fold rear seats
- Interior floor mats
- LED fog lamps
- Power Liftgate
- Power folding, auto-dimming, heated side mirrors
- Custom driver profiles
- Center console with storage
- 4 USB-C ports and wireless charging for 2 smartphones
- Live traffic visualization
- Satellite-View Maps
- Video Streaming, allowing access to Netflix, Hulu, YouTube, and Twitch
- Music Streaming
- Internet Browser
- Automatic emergency braking
- Blind-spot monitoring
- Front collision warning
- Side collision warning
- Emergency lane departure avoidance and correction
- Obstacle aware acceleration
- LED daytime running lights
- Sentry Mode
- Cabin Overheat Protection
- In-app vehicle location monitoring
Options for the Long Range include the 20-inch Induction wheels. A Steel tow bar with high strength and Class II certification that can tow up to 3500 pounds. Third-row seating for two. Full self-driving capability that includes navigate on autopilot, auto lane change, autopark, summon, and full self-driving computer and traffic light and stop sign control.
The Wall Connector is the quickest and most convenient method to charge at home, with charging speeds of up to 44 miles of range added per hour depending on car type. The Wall Connector has an adaptable indoor/outdoor design and a 24-foot cable.
There’s also a Mobile Connector. Charging speeds of up to 3 miles per hour can be achieved when using a regular household outlet. And depending on the vehicle model, a 240 V outlet can provide up to 30 miles per hour of range.
Performance – $57,690
The MSRP for the Performance trim level is $57,690. The Performance improvement consists of:
- 303 miles of range
- 0 to 60 acceleration time of 3.5 seconds
- Increased top speed from 135mph to 155mph
- 21’’ Überturbine Wheels
- Performance Brakes
- Lowered suspension
- Aluminum alloy pedals
As for options, the Performance trim level can be optioned with the Tow Hitch and Full-Self Driving Capability. You can also get the chargers.
Which 2022 Tesla Model Y to Buy?
Choose the Long Range 2022 Tesla Model Y trim level, in my opinion. The majority of commuters will find its EPA-estimated range to be more than enough, and even while Tesla advises not draining the battery too much in between charges, it’s still a significant amount. Although the Model Y Performance seems like a pleasure to drive, this does not entirely account for its greater cost.
Model Y Paint Colors
Lastly, let’s go over the paint colors for the 2022 Tesla Model Y trim levels. There are only 5 available colors.
- Pearl White Multi-Coat
- Midnight Silver
- Deep Blue
- Solid Black
- Red Multi-Coat
Okay, that’s it. I’m going to wrap this up. I went over the MSRP, standard features, available packages, which trim level to buy, and the paint colors for the 2022 Tesla Model Y trim levels. If you found this video helpful, informative, or entertaining, please like, share, and subscribe to my channel.