2023 Porsche 911 Dakar Trim Levels and Standard Features Explained
The 2023 Porsche 911 Dakar is a sports car that does well both on and off-road. The exclusive model, of which only 2,500 will be made, shows that the Porsche 911 concept is not limited in any way. The Porsche 911 Dakar is a tribute to the 1984 Paris-Dakar Rally, where Porsche won its first overall race and the 911 got an all-wheel drive system for the first time.
The 2023 Porsche 911 Dakar stands out right away because of how high it is off the ground: It is 50 mm taller than a Porsche 911 Carrera with sports suspension. The standard lift system can also add another 30 mm to the ride height. It has a similar ground clearance and ramp angle as most SUVs.
The Porsche 911 Dakar lift system is not just for going over low-speed obstacles; it is also a part of the suspension that has been re-tuned. Off-road adventures can be done at speeds of up to about 105 miles per hour on the “high level” setting. When the car goes faster than that speed, it automatically goes back to its normal level.
The 2023 Porsche 911 Dakar also has a new, fixed, and lightweight CFRP rear spoiler, as well as a CFRP front luggage compartment lid with air vents that are borrowed from the 911 GT3.
Off-road features like red aluminum towing eyes in the front and back, wider wheel wells and sills, and stainless steel protection on the front, back, and side sills come as standard. Stone chips are also kept out of the side air intakes on the new front end by stainless steel grilles.
At 3,552 pounds, the Porsche 911 Dakar is just 16 pounds heavier than the 911 Carrera 4 GTS with PDK. This is because of its use of lightweight materials, including carbon fiber reinforced plastic (CFRP) for the body, CFRP for the seats, glass, and a lightweight battery.
Specially designed Pirelli Scorpion All Terrain Plus tires in sizes 245/45 ZR 19 up front and 295/40 ZR 20 outback complement the sporty off-road capabilities of the 2023 Porsche 911 Dakar.
The 9-millimeter-thick tread pattern and 2-ply carcass provide superior durability. All of this makes the Porsche 911 Dakar’s tires excellent even on rough terrain, as they are highly resistant to being cut. The tire is designed for use on both dirt and asphalt, and it performs like a sports car tire. Optional on the 911 Dakar are the summer and winter tires designed specifically by Pirelli, the P Zero.
Horsepower and Sound
All 2023 Porsche 911 Dakar trim levels feature a 3.0-liter biturbo six-cylinder engine that produces 473 hp and 420 lb-ft of torque, providing exceptional performance with a distinctive boxer sound. The Porsche 911 Dakar can accelerate from 0-60 mph in 3.2 seconds and can go as fast as 149 mph before the all-terrain tires slow it down. The all-wheel-drive sports car features an eight-speed PDK to transmit power.
Driving Modes and Launch Control
Additionally standard is the Porsche Dynamic Chassis Control anti-roll stabilization system, rear-axle steering, and the 911 GT3’s exceptionally performance-oriented engine mounts.
In addition to Normal, Wet, and Sport, the rotary dial on the steering wheel now offers two additional driving modes specifically tailored to maximize off-road performance.
Rallye mode’s rear-biased all-wheel drive makes it great for slick roads as well as loose surfaces. When in off-road mode, the vehicle’s ride height is increased and the differential locking effect is strengthened.
This design prioritizes grip over speed in the sand dunes or anywhere else where the ground is particularly hard and uneven. The new Rallye Launch Control, standard in both of the new driving modes, permits wheel slippage of up to 20%.
2023 Porsche 911 Dakar Trim Levels
The 2023 Porsche 911 Dakar is a single-trim-level, rear-engine sport coupe. Traction Management All-Wheel Drive powered by a 3.0L twin-turbo boxer engine comes standard in Dakar. It has an eight-speed PDK transmission that sends the engine’s 473 hp and 420 lb-ft of torque to the wheels.
2023 Porsche 911 Dakar Standard Features
Now let’s talk about the MSRP, standard features, and available packages for the 2023 Porsche 911 Dakar, which has a base price of $222,000.
2023 Porsche 911 Dakar – $222,000
The following items are included as standard equipment on the 2023 Porsche 911 Dakar:
MOTOR AND TRANSMISSION
- 3.0-liter twin-turbocharged 6-cylinder boxer engine (473 hp / 420 lb-ft)
- 8-speed Porsche Doppelkupplung transmission
- Stationary management with HOLD function
- All-wheel drive with Porsche Traction Management
- Porsche Torque Vectoring Plus
- Electronically controlled differential lock with fully variable torque distribution
- 50mm increased ride height
- Front and rear axle lift system that adds an additional 30mm of ride height
- Enhanced Porsche Stability Management
- Stone guards for rear axle wishbones
- Porsche Dynamic Chassis Control
- Porsche Active Suspension Management
- Power Steering Plus
- Rear Axle Steering
WHEELS AND TIRES
- Staggered 19/20 911 Dakar Wheels in Satin Black w/outer rim in polished silver
- Tire Pressure Monitoring System
- Pirelli Scorpion All-terrain tires
- Wheel center caps with colored Porsche Crest
- 6-piston front and 4-piston rear brakes with cross-drilled and vented rotors
- Brake calipers in Red
- Electric parking brake
- Sport Chrono Package with Dakar-specific Rallye and Offroad modes
- Dakar-specific engine mounts
- Rallye Launch Control
- Fixed lightweight rear spoiler in Carbon Fiber Reinforced Plastic
- Side skirts in Black with inlays in stainless steel
- “911 Dakar” logo on rear fascia in Satin Black
- “PORSCHE” logo integrated into taillight strip in Satin Black
- Rear lid grille with vertical slats in Satin Black
- Side window trim in Black
- Exterior mirror upper and lower trim painted in exterior color with base in black
- Exterior mirrors on door waist rails, electrically adjustable and heatable
- Sport Exhaust System with two oval tailpipes in High Gloss Black
- Power Folding Exterior Mirrors including Courtesy Lighting
- Exclusive Design Fuel Cap
- Rear fascia in stainless steel w/integrated tailpipe trims and intercooler air outlets
- Wheel arch extensions in Black
- Front fascia with protection in stainless steel and air intake grilles
- Lightweight front trunk in CFRP in exterior color with two air outlets
- Fixed towing eye in Red (front and rear)
- Lightweight noise-insulated glass windshield, door windows, and rear windshield
- Roof electrification for roof accessories
- Dakar-specific stone guard protection foil on the rear fender
- Preparation for Roof Transport System
- LED-Matrix Design Headlights in Black
- Porsche Dynamic Light System Plus
- Daytime running lights with 4-point LED spotlights
- LED auxiliary lights with position lights, direction indicators, and side turn signals
- Taillight strip including integral parking lights and rear drive lights
- Automatic headlight activation incl. “Welcome Home” lighting
- Exclusive Design of three-dimensional LED taillights and integral third brake light
- Air quality sensor
- Two-zone automatic climate control with automatic air-recirculation mode
- Particle/pollen filter with active carbon filter
- Full Bucket Seats with electric seat height and manual fore/aft adjustment
- “911” logo embroidered on headrests in Shade Green
- Seat centers in perforated black Race-Tex with colored backing in Shade Green
- Rear seat delete
COMFORT AND ASSISTANCE SYSTEMS
- Tire Pressure Monitoring System
- ParkAssist (Front and Rear) incl. reversing camera
- Cruise control
- Comfort Access with Keyless Go and unlock upon approach
- Porsche Wet Mode
- HomeLink programmable garage door opener
- Instrument cluster with central tachometer and two 7-inch TFT displays
- A gear indicator in the tachometer
- Reduced sound insulation compared to 911 Carrera S models
- Heated multifunction GT Sport steering wheel in Race-Tex with stitching and 12 o’clock marker in Shade Green with paddles for manual gear changes
- Race-Tex on steering wheel rim, door grab handles, door panel armrests, and center console storage compartment lid
- Interior dashboard trim in Shade Green; door and center console trim in Black with inlays in Black Brushed Aluminum
- Roof lining and A-/B-/C- pillar trim in Race-Tex
- Door-sill guards with the “911 Dakar” logo in Black Brushed Aluminum
- One 12-volt socket in the passenger footwell
- Floor mats
- One individual cupholder (passenger side), one individual cupholder in the center console
- Electric windows with one-touch operation
- Auto-dimming mirrors with integrated rain sensor
- Heated rear windshield
- Two USB-C ports in the center console
- Windshield washer system with aero wiper blades, 2-wiper speeds, adjustable intermittent wipe, and washer jets
- Bottle holder and storage pocket in each door panel
- “911 Dakar” logo on the dashboard with limitation number “xxxx/2500”
- Ambient Lighting
- Sun visors in Race-Tex
- Pedals and footrest in Aluminum
- Gear Selector in Aluminum with Inlay in Leather
AUDIO AND COMMUNICATION
- Porsche Communication Management
- Online navigation module and Connect Plus
- Wireless Apple CarPlay and wireless Android Auto
- SiriusXM with a 3-month Platinum Plan trial subscription
- Integration of Apple Music, Apple Podcasts, and Spotify
- Voice Pilot with natural language understanding and activation via “Hey Porsche”
- Navigation Plus incl. Real-time Traffic Information and Online Map Update
- BOSE Surround Sound System, with 12 speakers
- Luggage compartment at front (4.6 ft³)
- Storage compartment in each door
There are two available packages for the 2023 Porsche 911 Dakar.
The Rallye Design Package in White/Gentian Blue
The Rallye Design Package in White/Gentian Blue is based on the Porsche 911 Carrera 3.2 4×4, which won the Paris-Dakar Rally in 1984. As a tribute to the successful rally history, the exact color scheme of the 953 was carried over to the outside of the car in the form of a two-tone paint job and a set of decals. Features include:
- Two-tone paint finish in White and Gentian Blue Metallic
- Decal set in Gold and Red
- Rally stripes running centrally across the front trunk lid and rooftop
- Rally sport graphic on doors (start number box, “Roughroads” and “PORSCHE” lettering)
- 19″/20″ 911 Dakar Wheels completely painted in White with colored Porsche Crest
- Carbon fiber reinforced plastic rear spoiler upper section painted in White
- Taillights in Red
- Rallye Design Package Interior with extensive items in leather and Race-Tex with deviated stitching in Shark Blue
- Seats in Black leather with seat centers in perforated Race-Tex with colored backing in Shark Blue
- Extensive extension of the Race-Tex features (e.g. perforated roof lining, dashboard upper section, and trim inlays)
- Interior trim in Ceramica
- Seat belts in Shark Blue
Extended Rallye Design Package
- Inner Door-Sill Guards in Race-Tex with deviated stitching in Shark Blue
- Fuse Box Covers in Race-Tex (left and right) with deviated stitching Shark Blue
- Interior Mirror Panel in Race-Tex with deviated stitching in Shark Blue
- Air vent slats in leather with center air vent surround in Race-Tex with deviated stitching in Shark Blue
- Owner’s Manual Wallet in Race-Tex with deviated stitching in Shark Blue and embossed “Porsche Exclusive Manufaktur” logo
Notable standalone accessories include a:
- Carbon Fiber Roof
- Surround View 360 Camera
- Burmester High-End Surround Sound System
Roof Rack and Roof Tent
In addition to all of this, Porsche Tequipment has special equipment packages for the 911 Dakar that include a roof rack that can be used to hold matching accessories.
Options include traction boards, a folding shovel, and fuel and water canisters. Matching, incredibly durable luggage is available from Porsche Lifestyle. The roof rack has a carrying capacity of 92 pounds and weighs 61 pounds.
Its LED lighting is powered by the 911 Dakar’s standard roof power socket using a magnetic coupling. An on/off switch for the LED lights is located in the interior roof console. On the public highway, using this extra lighting is not allowed.
A two-person fold-out tent can be mounted on the roof transport system in place of the roof rack. The hard case’s Porsche-specific design also includes a ladder, a mattress, anti-theft protection, and storm protection in addition to the tent. In a few simple steps, the tent can be set up in a matter of minutes. It has a 127 lb. weight and can support up to 308 lb. in weight.
Which 2023 Porsche 911 Dakar Trim Level to Buy
As for which 2023 Porsche 911 Dakar trim level to buy, there’s only one trim level, so it all comes down to packages and options. I would option my 2023 Porsche 911 Dakar with the Carbon Fiber Roof and Burmester High-End Surround Sound System.
2023 Porsche 911 Dakar Paint Colors
Lastly, let’s go over the paint colors for the 2023 Porsche 911 Dakar trim levels. There are 7 available colors.
- Shade Green
- Shark Blue
- Ice Grey
- GT Silver
- Rallye Design Package, white and gentian blue
If you don’t like any of those colors for your 2023 Porsche 911 Dakar, for an additional $12,830 you can’t paint it any color you want.
Okay, that’s it. I’m going to wrap this article up. I went over the MSRP, standard features, available packages, standalone options, which trim level to buy, and the paint colors for the 2023 Porsche 911 Dakar trim levels. If you found this blog post helpful, informative, or entertaining, please like, share, and subscribe to my YouTube car channel.