There are not many vehicles left that appear to exist for no reason other than to bring joy. One such vehicle is the 2023 Subaru BRZ, which is now entering the second year of production of its most recent generation. The Subaru BRZ, along with its identical sibling, the Toyota GR86, is a throwback to a more straightforward era, when all you needed to have a good time was a peppy four-cylinder engine, rear-wheel drive, and three pedals on the floor. However, purchasers will still have access to the technology and comfort that are typical of modern automobiles.
It should come as no surprise that Subaru has decided not to make any changes to the BRZ for the 2023 model year given that it underwent a comprehensive redesign in 2022.
2023 Subaru BRZ Trim Levels
There are two trim levels for the 2023 Subaru BRZ: Premium and Limited. The single available engine is a 2.4-liter four-cylinder with 228 horsepower and 184 lb-ft of torque that may be coupled to either a six-speed manual or automatic transmission. There are no front-wheel-drive versions.
The acclaimed Subaru EyeSight Driver Assist Technology is available on BRZ cars with automatic transmission. The system comprises Lead Vehicle Start Alert, Lane Departure and Sway Warning, Pre-Collision Braking System, and Adaptive Cruise Control. High Beam Assist is an addition to both trim levels with the automatic transmission option.
2023 Subaru BRZ Standard Features
Now let’s talk about the manufacturer’s suggested retail price (MSRP) and the basic features that come standard on the 2023 Subaru BRZ, starting with the PREMIUM base model, which has a starting MSRP of $28,595.
2023 Subaru BRZ Premium – $28,595
This BRZ Premium comes standard with the following features:
- 4-liter 4-cylinder engine
- Fully synchronized 6-speed manual transmission
- TORSEN limited-slip rear differential
- Vehicle Stability Control with Track Mode
- Quick-ratio electric power-assisted rack-and-pinion steering
- Sport-tuned 4-wheel independent suspension
- V-shaped strut tower bar
- 17-inch aluminum-alloy wheels with high luster gray finish
- 215/45 R17 summer high-performance tires
- Daytime Running Lights
- LED headlights
- Trunk spoiler
- Body-color side mirrors
- Two-speed windshield wipers with variable-intermittent mode and mist feature
- Keyless Access with Push-Button Start
- 6-way manually adjustable driver’s seat
- 4-way manually adjustable front passenger’s seat
- Heated front seats
- Fold-down rear seatback
- Leather-wrapped steering wheel and shifter handle with red accents
- Cloth upholstery
- 7-inch configurable digital gauge cluster with Normal, Sport, and Track modes
- Single bottle holder in each door panel
- Sun visors with vanity mirrors
- Glove box with 12-volt power outlet
- Dual-zone automatic climate control
- STARLINK 8.0-inch Infotainment with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto
- 8-speaker sound system
EyeSight Driver Assist Technology
On BRZ models with automatic transmissions, EyeSight Driver Assist Technology is a standard feature that analyzes traffic flow, enhances cruise control, and alerts you when you’re drifting outside of your lane. In emergency scenarios, the automated Pre-Collision Braking system may potentially use all of its braking power to bring you to a complete stop.
2023 Subaru BRZ Limited – $31,095
Above the base model Premium, you have the Limited trim level with a starting MSRP of $31,095. Opting for this trim level upgrades the BRZ with this equipment:
- 18-inch aluminum-alloy wheels with a matte dark gray finish
- 215/40 R18 Michelin Pilot 4 summer high-performance tires
- LED Steering Responsive Headlights
- Heated side mirrors
- Ultrasuede/leather-trimmed upholstery with red accents and contrast stitching
- Blind-Spot Detection with Lane Change Assist and Rear Cross-Traffic Alert
Which 2023 Subaru BRZ to Buy?
My preference is for the Limited trim of the 2023 Subaru BRZ because it comes standard with heated seats and a higher level of quality upholstery. A worthy addition is the blind-spot monitoring system that comes standard on the Limited. The most difficult choice will be determining which transmission to go with. The BRZ is at its best when equipped with the manual transmission; but, the automatic transmission functions well enough that it is worth considering if you spend a significant amount of driving in congested areas.
2023 Subaru BRZ Paint Colors
Last but not least, let’s talk about the available paint colors for the 2023 Subaru BRZ. There are seven different hues to choose from.
- WR Blue
- Black Silica
- White Pearl
- Ice Silver
- Magnetite Gray
- Ignition Red
- Sapphire Blue
All right, that’s it. I talked about the 2023 Subaru BRZ’s trim levels, MSRP, standard features, which trim level to buy and paint colors. If this article was helpful, interesting or fun for you, please like and share it.