2024 Volkswagen Taos Trim Levels and Standard Features Explained
The 2024 Volkswagen Taos is a testament to Volkswagen’s commitment to innovation, refinement, and design. As a fresh entrant in the compact SUV segment, the Taos seamlessly blends practicality with luxury, offering a holistic driving experience that appeals to a wide range of consumers.
The exterior of the 2024 Taos carries Volkswagen’s signature design language forward with a contemporary twist. Its sleek lines, bold grille, and dynamic LED headlights exude a sense of sophistication and robustness. The sculpted hood and aerodynamic profile not only enhance its visual appeal but also improve efficiency, making it a standout in its class.
Inside the Taos, luxury meets functionality. The spacious cabin boasts premium materials, ergonomically designed seats, and an intuitive layout that puts the driver at the center of it all. Thoughtful storage solutions, ambient lighting, and meticulous attention to detail reflect Volkswagen’s commitment to passenger comfort and convenience.
When it comes to technology, the 2024 Taos is second to none. Equipped with Volkswagen’s state-of-the-art infotainment system, it offers seamless connectivity, navigation, and entertainment options. Advanced driver assistance features, like the IQ.DRIVE system, elevates the driving experience, providing enhanced safety and convenience on the go.
While the 2024 Volkswagen Taos sets high standards in its segment, it faces stiff competition from rivals like the Jeep Compass and Subaru Crosstrek. Both competitors offer compelling packages in terms of performance, features, and design. However, with its unique blend of style, technology, and the trusted Volkswagen badge, the Taos is poised to carve its niche in the competitive compact SUV market.
2024 Volkswagen Taos Trim Levels
The 2024 Volkswagen Taos is available in three distinct trim levels: S, SE, and SEL. Each of these trims is powered by a turbocharged 1.5-liter four-cylinder engine that produces 158 horsepower and 184 lb.-ft of torque. For those opting for the front-wheel-drive variant of the 2024 Volkswagen Taos, it comes equipped with an eight-speed automatic transmission. In contrast, the all-wheel-drive version of the Taos boasts a seven-speed dual-clutch automatic transmission and an advanced rear suspension, enhancing its handling prowess around bends.
Now let’s go over the MSRP and standard features for the 2024 Volkswagen Taos trim levels starting with the base model S which has a starting MSRP of $23,995.
2024 Volkswagen Taos S – $23,995
Standard equipment for the base trim level Taos S includes:
- 2.0L 16-valve DOHC turbo 4-cylinder engine (158 hp / 184 lb-ft)
- 8-speed automatic transmission
- Electric Power Steering
- Engine Start-Stop System
- Front-wheel drive
- 17″ alloy wheels w/ all-season tires
- Automatic, LED headlights & LED Daytime Running Lights
- Black roof rails
- Coming/Leaving Home feature
- Foldable, power-adjustable side mirrors
- LED taillights
- Rain-sensing, variable intermittent front wipers
- CloudTex & Cloth seating surfaces
- Front center armrest with storage compartment
- Leather-wrapped gearshift knob
- Leatherette-wrapped, heated multi-function steering wheel
- Manual climate control
- Manually adjustable driver seat/ 6-way manually adjustable front seats
- Rear seat: 60/40 split-folding, w/ center armrest & pass-through
- 2 front USB-C data ports (45w fast charging)
- 6.5″ touchscreen AM/FM radio w/ USB input
- Adaptive Cruise Control
- App-Connect smartphone integration (for compatible devices) via USB
- Blind Spot Monitor w/ RTA
- Bluetooth technology with audio streaming for compatible devices
- Forward Collision Warning
- Autonomous Emergency Braking w/ Pedestrian Monitoring
- Light Assist (High Beam Control for headlights)
- Push-button engine start
- Travel Assist, Lane Assist, & Emergency Assist
- Volkswagen Digital Cockpit: 8″ non-configurable digital instrument display
- myVW with connected vehicle services from Car-Net
- Anti-theft engine immobilizer
- Driver and front passenger, front and side thorax airbag supplemental restraint system
- Electronic Stability Control
- Anti-Slip Regulation
- Electronic Differential Lock
- Engine Brake Assist
- LATCH (Lower Anchors and Tethers for Children) child seat anchor points
- Rear View Camera System
- Side Curtain Protection head airbags, front and rear
- Tire Pressure Monitoring System
2024 Volkswagen Taos SE – $28,165
The Taos SE has a starting MSRP of $28,165 and includes all the standard equipment of the S, plus:
- 18″ alloy wheels w/ all-season tires
- Heated washer nozzles
- Heated, foldable, power-adjustable side mirrors
- Silver roof rails
- 8-way power adjustable driver seat with lumbar
- Auto-dimming interior rearview mirror
- Climatronic Touch dual-zone automatic climate control w/ advanced air filter
- CloudTex seating surfaces
- Heated front seats
- 1 rear USB-C charging port (45w fast charging)
- 8″ touchscreen AM/FM/HD Radio
- App-Connect smartphone integration (for compatible devices) via wireless & USB
- Keyless access with push-button start
- Remote engine start
- SiriusXM with 360L (3-month trial subscription)
- Wireless charging (for compatible devices)
- Anti-theft alarm system w/ engine immobilizer
2024 Volkswagen Taos SEL – $33,515
- 4MOTION AWD w/ Active Control & Driving Mode Selection
- 7-speed DSG automatic transmission
- 19″ alloy wheels w/ all-season tires
- Adaptive Front Lighting System w/ dynamic cornering lights
- Integrated light bar in front grille
- Power tilting & sliding panoramic sunroof
- Ambient interior lighting
- Illuminated, carpeted cargo area w/ 12V power port
- Leather seating surfaces
- Ventilated front seats
- 8″ touchscreen navigation
- Dynamic Road Sign Display
- Park Distance Control, front
- Volkswagen Digital Cockpit Pro: 10.25″ configurable digital instrument display
Which 2024 Volkswagen Taos Should You Buy?
When looking at the trim levels for the 2024 Volkswagen Taos, the SE trim, priced at $28,165, stands out as the best value for the majority of drivers. While the base S trim provides a comprehensive set of features, the SE takes it a step further without significantly stretching the budget.
On the exterior, the SE trim upgrades to 18″ alloy wheels and boasts heated washer nozzles, emphasizing both style and functionality. The inclusion of silver roof rails also gives it a touch of elegance compared to the black roof rails of the base model.
Inside, the SE trim ensures you’re driving in comfort with an 8-way power-adjustable driver seat, dual-zone automatic climate control, and heated front seats. The CloudTex seating surfaces are both durable and stylish, ensuring longevity and a premium feel.
From a technology standpoint, the SE trim is well-equipped to keep you connected on the go. An 8″ touchscreen with HD Radio, wireless App-Connect smartphone integration, and the convenience of keyless access with push-button start elevate the driving experience. The inclusion of SiriusXM with a 3-month trial and wireless charging capabilities ensure entertainment and convenience are at your fingertips.
Although the SEL trim has its allure with its lavish features, the SE stands out as a more balanced option. It offers a harmonious blend of crucial upgrades without the significant price jump of the SEL.
When considering competitors in its class, the 2024 Volkswagen Taos SE provides a compelling package of features at its price point, making it the ideal choice for those seeking both value and quality.
Lastly, let’s go over the paint colors for the 2024 Volkswagen Taos trim levels. There are 8 available colors. Not every color is available on every trim level.
- Cornflower Blue
- Pure Gray
- Pure White
- Deep Black Pearl
- Dusk Blue
- Pyrite Silver
- Kings Red
- Platinum Gray
Okay, that’s it. I’m going to wrap this up. I went over the trim levels, MSRP, standard features, which trim level to buy, and the paint colors for the 2024 Volkswagen Taos. If you found this blog post helpful, informative, or entertaining, please like, share, and subscribe to my channel.