The 2019 Cadillac CTS-V sedan is the most powerful Cadillac ever built. With 640 hp on tap, a 0-60 time of 3.7s and a top track speed of 200 mph, the 2019 CTS-V is the sport sedan redefined.
The 2019 Cadillac CTS-V is an excellent example of having the best of both worlds, serving as a practical companion during the week and turning to some track-day weapon on the weekend.
The same as Cadillac’s regular CTS, the CTS-V has four doors, a cozy interior, and loads of features. Unlike the CTS, however, the CTS-V includes a Corvette-derived supercharged V8 good for 640 horsepower and 630 pound-feet of torque. Additionally, for 2019 the CTS-V includes an adjustable suspension and high-performance brakes to provide absurdly substantial levels of capability.
There are other competitions to think about, of course, with the BMW M5 and the Mercedes-Benz AMG E 63 the most well-known. These German high-heeled sedans typically have nicer-looking insides and much more in the way of innovative infotainment features. Yet I enjoy the CTS-V the same. This daring American super sedan easily matches the world’s best when it comes to functionality, and it does so at a starting price of $86,995.
See also: 2019 Dodge Durango SRT Review
2019 Cadillac CTS-V Review
The 2019 Cadillac CTS-V sedan shines with its combination of classic American muscle and advanced handling capacities, giving it a leg up on its staunchest German rivals. Others have developed into milder and more comfort-oriented machines; Cadillac has only sharpened its edge and packaged on more muscle.
- Performance – 6.2L Supercharged V8 packs 640 hp and 630 lb-ft of torque.
- Suspension– Standard Magnetic Ride Control with Performance Traction Management.
- Interior – Optional Recaro performance seats are crafted for cornering.
- MSRP – Affordably priced for the segment at $86,995
- Supercharged V8’s amazing acceleration
- Superior ride and handling
- Wonderful support from optional sport seats
- Less luxurious interior than competitors
- Small trunk
- Tech interface may frustrate
- Ride quality may be too rough for a few
2019 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Features
The 2019 Cadillac CTS-V sedan has supercar-like performance. It features the most powerful engine ever installed in a production Cadillac. The CTS-V 6.2L Supercharged V8 develops an earth-shattering 640 hp and 630 lb-ft of torque and will get you from 0 to 60 mph in just 3.7 seconds, with a top speed of 200 mph from the factory.
- Brembo Brakes – Behind lightweight forged alloy wheels, you will discover enormous, racing-inspired six-piston front, four-piston rear, fixed-caliper Brembo brakes with vented rotors for business pedal feel and unmatched confidence.
- Magnetic Ride Control – Magnetic Ride Control reads the street up to 1,000 times per second. The response time is so fast, at 60mph it reads every inch of road traveled to get more confidence on the track and more comfort on the road.
- Michelin Pilot Super Sport Tires – Standard Michelin Pilot Super Sport summer-only, low-profile tires feature a distinctive tri-compound tread specially created for ultra-high-performance driving, offering excellent traction, improved ride quality, and extended tread wear.
- Race Track Performance – The 2019 Cadillac CTS-V boasts a multilink MacPherson strut independent front and rear suspension, attached to a stiffened lightweight structure that accomplishes all-out monitor performance and elegant, everyday comfort.
- Engine Cooling – Power that keeps its cool. The CTS-V uses racing-inspired cooling systems which have an extra-large water/oil cooler, large-capacity radiator, multiple heat exchangers, and a rear differential oil cooler.
- Electronic Limited-Slip Differential – During aggressive cornering, the digital Limited-Slip Differential (eLSD) automatically directs power to the rear wheel with the most grip for great control and speedy exit speeds.
Read Next: The Fastest Road Car: Koenigsegg Agera RS
More Performance Features
The 8-speed automatic transmission with Magnesium Paddle Shifters features Performance Algorithm Shifting. Automatically activated by extreme G-forces, it seamlessly selects the best gear for faster shifts and faster lap times.
Performance Traction Management (PTM) incorporates engine and traction control systems for enhanced and consistent cornering during spirited driving. In the Drive Mode selector, enter Track Mode and select your desired level of control: Wet, Dry, Sport 1, Sport 2, or race mode.
2019 Cadillac CTS-V Exterior Features
The 2019 Cadillac CTS-V sedan is carved for performance. Every grille and port serves a higher-performance intent. The aerodynamic exterior is matched only by the lightweight stuff from which it is formed. One result is an aggressive look; yet another is revealed once out on the track.
- Carbon Fiber Package – The optional Carbon Fiber Package pairs an aero-optimized, exposed-weave carbon-fiber front splitter, hood extractor, and rear diffuser with a much more aggressive rear spoiler for increased grip at high speeds. As far as I’m concerned, this is a must-have option.
- V-Forged Alloy Wheels – Imposing 19-inch wheels bring low weight and higher strength together in excellent balance. Forged from billet aluminum, they help reduce unsprung weight for greater cornering and a more direct steering feel. These wheels are the perfect complement to the 19-inch Michelin Pilot Super Sport summer-only, tires that are low profile and super sticky.
- Aero Splitter – The front aero splitter radically improves front downforce by directing a gigantic influx of airflow around the CTS-V. The front-end lift is reduced, firmly placing you on the ground.
- Carbon Fiber Hood – The carbon-fiber hood, together with a finely styled atmospheric heat extractor, provides better airflow and reduced under-hood lift, maintaining the CTS-V balance on the racetrack and the street.
- Rear Spoiler – Greater downforce, reduced lift. The competitive rear spoiler not just punctuates your passing, but it offers the atmosphere a smooth flow from the rear for increased stability.
- Rear Diffuser – The beautiful rear diffuser accelerates the circulation of air underneath the CTS-V to reduce underbody pressure and boost your aerodynamic grip.
2019 Cadillac CTS-V Interior Features
The 2019 Cadillac CTS-V sedan features perfectly executed refinement. And the CTS-V is a perfect execution of precision technology and luxury craftsmanship. The driver-centric interior is punctuated by elegant performance materials and thoroughly detailed finishes.
- Recaro Performance Seats – Comfort that also performs. Optional Recaro Performance Seats provide 16-way adjustability, slip-resistant microfiber suede inserts, and aggressive bolsters that hold your body during hard or aggressive cornering.
- Steering Wheel – Power that you can control. The multifunction thick-rim steering wheel is wrapped and sculpted in leather or available microfiber suede for effortless grip and supreme control.
- Carbon Fiber Trim – Cutting-edge design. The carbon-fiber interior trim mixes exposed carbon-fiber accents with a contrasting silver weave to exhilarate your senses, even when you’re not moving.
- Craftsmanship – Cut-and-sewn Semi-Aniline leather, suede microfiber, aluminum, and carbon fiber finish the cabin in complex refinement using a subtle nod to Cadillac Racing.
2019 Cadillac CTS-V Technology Features
Cadillac upgraded its technology interface for 2018, and I’ve yet to sample it. Feature content is to be commended, however, with some standard technology features being injury avoidance, parking aids, navigation, Apple CarPlay, Android Auto, 4G LTE Wi-Fi, and three USB ports.
Other Notable Technology Features
The 2019 Cadillac CTS-V sedan is packed with so many features. Here are a few more:
- Performance Data Recorder – The optional Performance Data Recorder (PDR) captures your driving on the track, recording video, sound, and performance information in real-time which may be seen on the in-dash CUE screen or saved to an SD card to view afterward. The system features four overlays — Sport, Track, Performance, or Tour — to help assess your abilities.
- Reconfigurable LCD Display – The 12.3-inch Reconfigurable Device Cluster comes with a gorgeous HD display. Customizable with three unique topics, it exhibits push manners, oil and tire pressure, speedometer, and trip information and works seamlessly with the Head-Up Display.
- Curb View Camera – The CTS-V includes a Curb View Camera to help you protect the exterior front splitter from harm whilst parking by alerting you to curbs and other low objects.
- Rear Camera Mirror – While driving, the optional Rear Camera Mirror streams rear-facing HD movie which offers a broad, less obstructed rear area of vision.
- Upgraded Audio – The optional Bose Centerpoint Audio system features 13 speakers and Active Noise Cancellation for a rich listening experience.
2019 Cadillac CTS-V Configurations
The 2019 Cadillac CTS-V is a high-performance variant of the regular CTS sedan. The V version packs a supercharged 6.2-liter V8 that generates 640 horsepower and 630 pound-feet of torque. You can only get it with an eight-speed automatic transmission and rear-wheel drive. Just one trim level is available.
Highlights include 19-inch wheels, summer performance tires, Brembo performance brakes, a digital limited-slip differential, a magnetically controlled suspension, an automated parking system, xenon headlights, and keyless ignition and entrance. The CTS-V also has forward collision warning, blind-spot, and rear cross-traffic warning systems, lane departure warning and intervention, and rearview and curb-view parking cameras.
In the cabin, you will discover dual-zone automatic climate control, power-adjustable front seats (with heating, manual thigh extenders, and power-adjustable bolsters), driver-seat memory configurations, leather, and simulated-suede upholstery, a heated power-adjustable steering wheel, and a simulated-suede headliner.
Cadillac also fits the CTS-V with a 12.3-inch all-digital gauge screen, a head-up screen, an 8-inch touchscreen interface, OnStar communications (with 4G LTE and a Wi-Fi hotspot), wireless smartphone charging, three USB ports, Apple CarPlay, Android Auto, a navigation system, and a 13-speaker Bose surround-sound sound system with satellite radio.
The optional Luxury package adds tri-zone climate control, a 60/40-split folding rear seat, heated rear seats, a power rear sunshade, manual rear side sunshades, a 110-volt power outlet, and Cadillac’s rearview camera mirror. The Carbon Fiber bundle adds a carbon-fiber hood vent, spoiler, front splitter, and rear diffuser.
Also optional are ventilated front seats, Recaro performance front seats, an onboard data and video recorder, a simulated-suede steering wheel, and a shift knob, in addition to a sunroof.
What I Recommend
It is possible to think about that the 2019 Cadillac CTS-V as a heavily modified CTS, and therefore, there are no other trims or levels. But there are packages, and I urge you to get the Luxury Package for its 60/40-split folding rear seat, heated rear seats, and window visors. I’d also pop for the Carbon Fiber package and the Recaro seats.
In the end, the 2019 Cadillac CTS-V is a huge performance luxury sedan. Its cabin is not quite as well put together as some of its German rivals, and its technology interface is not a favorite, but overall, this Cadillac is every bit an engineering accomplishment that Americans can be proud of.