2022 BMW X7 Trim Levels: There are three trim levels for the 2022 X7: xDrive40i, M50i, and Alpina XB7. The engine is what makes the models different. The base model xDrive40i has a 335 horsepower in-line turbo six, while the M50i and Alpina XB7 get a turbocharged V8. In the M50i you get 523 horsepower and in the Alpina, you get 612. All 2022 BMW X7 trim levels include an eight-speed automatic transmission with all-wheel drive.
The 2022 BMW X7 luxury SUV is large and luxurious with three rows of seating. It competes directly against rivals such as the Audi Q7 and Mercedes-Benz GLS-Class. The standard X7 has a second-row bench seat. However, owners who intend to use the third row of seats regularly can opt for optional captain’s chairs.
2022 BMW Trim Levels and Standard Features Explained
The 3.0L BMW TwinPower Turbo motor powers the xDrive40i. This classic powerhouse produces 335 horsepower and 331 pounds-feet of torque. The Active Kidney Grille, Driving Dynamics Control technology with four drive modes, and Driving Dynamics Control technology are some of the performance features. These are the standard features included in the 2022 BMW X7 xDrive40i:
- Two 12.3-inch displays equipped with Live Cockpit Professional
- HD Radio and SiriusXM, with 360L and 1-year All Access subscription
- BMW ConnectedDrive, Apple CarPlay, WiFi Hotspot 3-month Trial, and wireless charging
- BMW Assist eCall with Emergency Request and Enhanced Auto Collision Notification
- BMW Extended Ambient Lighting
- Active Driving Assistant Suite with:
- Daytime Pedestrian Detection
- Lane Departure Warning
- Front- and Rear Park
- Distance Control, and many more
- SensaTec upholstery featuring 16-way power front sports seats with heating
- Self-leveling, two-axle air suspension that adjusts ride height for loading or entering.
This new BMW X7 configuration is now available. With the M Performance 4.4-liter BMW TwinPower Turbo Turbo V8 engine, the M50i produces 523 horsepower and 553 lb-ft of torque. This trim includes the M Sport Exhaust System and M Sport Differential. These are just a few of the upgrades available:
- Rear sunshades with roll-up design
- Icon Adaptive LED Headlights with Laser Light
- 22-inch M-V-Spoke wheels with performance-run-flat tires
- SensaTec upholstery, Anthracite Alcantara headliner
2022 BMW ALPINA XB7 features a powerful 4.4L BMW ALPINA BiTurbo V8 engine with xDrive technology, intelligent all-wheel drive, and ALPINA Calibration. These luxury features will not disappoint:
- Wi-Fi Hotspot
- Harman Kardon Surround Sound System
- Climate control with automatic 4-zones
- Sport Differential
- Brake Energy Regeneration
- Leather upholstery in extended Merino
- Leather dashboard
- Special ALPINA interior trim options
Which 2022 BMW X7 Trim Level to Choose?
For most buyers, the base X7 or xDrive40i model is a good choice. This model is well-equipped with features, and it will be a significant saving over the M50i V8-powered. The Driving Assistance Professional package, which bundles a number of useful advanced driver aids, is the best option on the X7.
What’s New for 2022
BMW has made very few changes to the X7 lineup’s option packages for 2022. Wireless device charging is not a standard feature, but enhanced Bluetooth is. The M50i model now has power sunshades for the second-row windows, instead of manual ones. The Dynamic Handling package, Rear-wheel steering, and M Sport brakes are no longer offered as options on the xDrive40i model.
The 2022 BMW X7 trim levels, regardless of which you choose is a luxury SUV that offers more performance and driver engagement. The X7 offers a similar driving experience to the smaller X5 in many aspects, but it comes with three rows of seating and larger cargo space. The X7 is well-stocked with all the latest technology and luxury features from BMW.