2023 Toyota Crown Trim Levels and Standard Features Explained: After a protracted hiatus, the Toyota Crown is again available in North America. This isn’t your ordinary sedan, yet it is the replacement for the deceased Avalon. Instead, the 2023 Toyota Crown treads a fine line between a car and an SUV, most likely in a move to draw buyers away from the dwindling full-size sedan market.
The 2023 Toyota Crown will initially stand out thanks to its distinctive appearance. Even though the cabin only has a regular trunk opening, it only rides 1/10th of an inch higher than a Camry and is 4 inches taller overall. For better or worse, the Crown won’t be mistaken for anything else on the road when it is finished in its two-tone paint job. Along with improved technology and safety features over the Avalon, it also debuts a new hybrid system for Toyota that is more performance-focused.
Although it lacks the pomp and circumstance of a vehicle fit for a King, the 2023 Toyota Crown is a luxurious and capable luxury sedan that, thanks to its quiet cabin and efficient hybrid engines, would make a fine traveling companion.
2023 Toyota Crown Trim Levels
The 2023 Toyota Crown is a 4-door luxury sedan available in three trim levels: XLE, Limited, and Platinum.
The 2023 Toyota Crown trim levels come standard with All Wheel Drive and two different hybrid powertrain options.
A hybrid system and a 2.5-liter four-cylinder engine give the XLE and Limited a combined 236 horsepower. All-wheel drive and a continuously variable transmission are included as well.
The Crown Platinum is entirely distinct. The 2.4-liter turbocharged four-cylinder and more potent electric motors for the hybrid system found in the Platinum replace the naturally aspirated four-cylinder. The end result is a significant increase in power, with a total output of 340 hp. Instead of the CVT automatic, the transmission is a conventional six-speed automatic. Toyota also installs adaptive suspension dampers in the Crown Platinum, giving the driver a choice between comfortable and sporty driving characteristics. This system is known by Toyota as Hybrid MAX.
2023 Toyota Crown Standard Features
Now let’s go over the MSRP, standard features and available packages for the 2023 Toyota Crown trim levels starting with the base model XLE which has a starting MSRP of $39,950.
2023 Toyota Crown XLE – $39,950
Standard features for the entry-level XLE trim level include:
- 2.5-liter 4-cylinder engine and hybrid system (236 hp)
- Electronically controlled Continuously Variable Transmission
- Three driving modes (Eco, Normal, Sport)
- Active Cornering Assist
- All-Wheel Drive
- 19-in. multi-spoke machined-finish two-tone alloy wheels
- Heated power-folding side mirrors w/ turn signal and blind spot warning indicators
- Washer-linked variable intermittent windshield wiper
- Bi-LED projector low and high-beam headlights
- LED Daytime Running Lights
- Wireless smartphone charging
- Smart Key System on front doors and trunk with Push Button Start
- Remote keyless entry system with lock, unlock, and panic functions
- Dual extendable sun visors and illuminated vanity mirrors
- Fabric seats with SofTex-trim with seatback pockets
- 8-way power adjustable driver’s seat with lumbar support
- 8-way power adjustable front passenger seat
- Heated front seats
- Electric Parking Brake with Brake Hold function
- Auto-dimming rearview mirror with HomeLink universal transceiver
- Dual-zone automatic climate control system
- Leather-trimmed tilt/telescopic steering wheel
- Four USB-C charge ports
- One 12V/120W auxiliary power outlet
- 60/40 split fold-down rear seats with adjustable headrests, and a center armrest
- Toyota Multimedia System with a 12.3-inch touchscreen and 6 speakers
- Wireless Apple CarPlay & Android Auto
- SiriusXM with 3-month Platinum Plan trial
- Tire Pressure Monitor System
- Hill Start Assist Control
- Blind Spot Monitor with Rear Cross-Traffic Alert
- Backup camera with dynamic gridlines
Toyota Safety Sense 3.0
Toyota Safety Sense 3.0 is a feature that is standard across all 2023 Toyota Crown trim levels. Several Toyota vehicles come equipped with Toyota Safety Sense, a collection of active safety features. These cutting-edge features are intended to offer peace of mind while driving and to help safeguard you and your passengers from harm. Features consist of:
- Pre-Collision System w/Pedestrian Detection
- Full-Speed Range Dynamic Radar Cruise Control
- Lane Departure Alert w/Steering Assist
- Lane Tracing Assist
- Automatic High Beams
- Road Sign Assist
2023 Toyota Crown Limited – $45,550
The Limited trim level starts at $45,550 and comes equipped with XLE features and adds:
- Rain-sensing variable intermittent windshield wipers
- Quad-LED projector low and high-beam headlights
- Panoramic fixed-glass roof with power sunshade
- Smart Key System on all doors and trunk with Push Button Start
- Remote illuminated entry
- Leather seats with seatback pockets
- Heated and ventilated front seats
- Heated rear seats
- Heated steering wheel
- 11-speaker JBL Premium Audio including subwoofer and amplifier
- Front and Rear Parking Assist with Automatic Braking
There’s one available package for the Limited trim level called the Advanced Tech Package and it comes with:
- 21-in. 10-spoke machined-finish alloy wheels with black accents
- Panoramic View Monitor
- Digital Key
2023 Toyota Crown Platinum – $52,350
The top-spec Toyota Crown is the Platinum trim level with an MSRP of $52,350. The Platinum trim level includes everything on XLE and Limited and raises the bar with the:
- Hybrid MAX 2.4-Liter inline 4-Cylinder turbocharged engine (340 hp)
- Direct Shift 6-speed automatic transmission
- Adaptive Variable Suspension system
- Five drive modes (Eco, Comfort Normal, Sport S, Sport S+, and Custom)
- 21-in. 10-spoke machined-finish alloy wheels with black accents
- Digital Key compatibility
- Steering wheel paddle shifters
- Panoramic View Monitor with 360-degree Overhead View
- Advanced Park
Which One to Buy?
Whichever 2023 Toyota Crown trim level you choose, all of them offer a more opulent driving experience than Toyota’s other four-door models. The more potent Hybrid Max powertrain, which is only available on the most expensive Platinum trim, is the option I’d pick because it’s the most intriguing.
2023 Toyota Crown Paint Colors
Lastly, let’s go over the paint colors for the 2023 Toyota Crown trim levels. There are 9 available colors. There are five solid colors and four colors with Black Bi-Tone. The colors with Black-Bi-tone feature a black hood and trunk. Not every color is available on every trim level.
- Magnetic Gray
- Oxygen White
- Heavy Metal
- Supersonic Red
- Oxygen White with Black Bi-Tone
- Heavy Metal with Black Bi-Tone
- Supersonic Red with Black Bi-Tone
- Bronze Age with Black Bi-Tone
2023 Toyota Crown Image Gallery (70 Pictures)
View the 2023 Toyota Crown image gallery. The 2023 Toyota Crown is shown in these pictures. View 70 fresh images of the 2023 Toyota Crown. View exterior, interior, engine, and cargo pictures by scrolling through the gallery of high-resolution 2023 Toyota Crown pictures.
Okay, that’s it. I’m going to wrap this up. I went over the MSRP, standard features, available packages, which trim level to buy, and the paint colors for the 2023 Toyota Crown trim levels. If you found this helpful, informative, or entertaining, please like, share, and subscribe to my channel.