2022 Mercedes CLA 250 Coupe: Now that Mercedes-Benz is apparently planning to phase out the A-Class sedan after the 2022 model year, the CLA is ready to take its place as the most economical way to get into a new Mercedes sedan. While the fastback roofline of the 2022 Mercedes CLA gives the impression of a coupe, there are in reality four doors on this vehicle.
Similar to other Mercedes-Benz vehicles, the CLA 250 is equipped with a high-tech infotainment system and an abundance of driver safety features as standard. From there, you may customize the vehicle with a variety of external and interior options, as well as wheel and trim options, to make it more appealing to your tastes. Furthermore, the AMG 35, which is a fascinating performance sedan owing to its boosted power and modified suspension, is available as well.
As a result, if you’re searching for a beautiful entry-level luxury sedan, the CLA is a great choice. However, it’s worth your time to also consider the revamped Audi A3— or the performance-oriented S3 and RS 3 variants for 2022.
Mercedes-Benz EQ Boost: Electrification Done Right?
2022 Mercedes CLA 250 Coupe Build and Price
Your choice of 2022 CLA Coupe will be determined by whether you want an AMG-badged performance version or the base 250 model, which begins at $39,250 (all prices include destination) for front-wheel drive and $41,250 with 4MATIC all-wheel drive. The CLA 35 AMG is available solely in all-wheel drive and costs $48,950. It offers increased performance but only minor changes to the vehicle’s specifications.
2022 Mercedes CLA 250 Coupe Trim Levels
The Mercedes-Benz CLA is offered in two versions in 2022: the CLA 250 and the AMG CLA 35 Coupe. When it comes to drivetrains, the CLA 250 is available with front-wheel drive or all-wheel drive (Mercedes refers to this as 4Matic), while the more powerful and performance-tuned AMG version is equipped as standard with all-wheel drive to assist in getting the power to the ground.
The new-generation CLA 250 Coupe and CLA 250 4MATIC are equipped with a modern, powerful, and fuel-efficient turbocharged 2.0L inline-4 cylinder engine that produces 221 horsepower (an increase of 13 horsepower over the previous generation) and 258 pound-feet of torque, respectively. In addition, the engine is linked to a 7-speed dual-clutch gearbox with paddle shifters that are included as standard.
AMG CLA 35 Coupe, on the other hand, is equipped with a high-torque 2.0L 4-cylinder turbocharged engine that produces 302 horsepower and 295 pound-feet of torque, which is transferred to all four wheels through a 7-speed dual-clutch gearbox and variable 4matic all-wheel drive.
Which 2022 CLA 250 Coupe to Buy
As much as I like the Mercedes-AMG models, I would suggest the base CLA 250, which is the most economical vehicle in this portfolio. Not only does it accommodate the broadest variety of customer budgets, but it also provides the biggest number of customization options if you’re feeling particularly frivolous at the time. I highly urge that you upgrade to the Driver Assistance Package, the AMG Line Package, and the 19″ multispoke wheels.
2022 Mercedes CLA 250 Coupe Standard Features
The following features are included as standard equipment on the 2022 Mercedes CLA 250 Coupe:
Standard performance features for the 2022 Mercedes CLA 250 Coupe include:
- 2.0L inline-4 turbo engine
- 7-speed dual-clutch transmission
- Front-wheel drive
- Electronic Traction System
- DYNAMIC SELECT
- ECO Start/Stop system
- Electromechanical power steering
- Comfort suspension
- Antilock Braking
- Active Brake Assist
- Blind Spot Assist
- Crosswind Assist
Standard safety features include:
- Mercedes-Benz Emergency Call service
- 8 airbags
- Cruise control
- Rearview camera
- Adaptive braking technology
- Advanced Tire Pressure Monitoring System
- Electric parking brake
- LED headlamps and taillamps
- LED Daytime Running Lamps
- Antitheft alarm system with remote panic feature
- Rain-sensing windshield wipers
And standard interior features include:
- Power front seats with 3-position memory
- Sport front seats
- 4-way manually adjustable steering column
- 40/20/40-split folding rear seats
- Rear center armrest with dual cupholders
- Panorama roof
- 64-color LED ambient lighting with illuminated vents
- Outside temperature display
- Heated power side mirrors
- Dual-zone automatic climate control
- Steering-wheel Touch Control Buttons
- SmartKey with KEYLESS-START
- 1 year of Mercedes me connect services
- Over-the-air software updates
- Mercedes-Benz User Experience (MBUX)
- Voice Control with Natural Language Understanding
- 7-inch digital instrument cluster
- 7-inch touchscreen multimedia display
- Touchpad controller
- HD Radio receiver
- Hands-free Bluetooth interface
- Bluetooth audio streaming
- Apple CarPlay
- Android Auto
- Multiple USB-C ports
- USB-C adapter cable
There are seven available packages for the 2022 Mercedes CLA 250:
- AMG Line
- AMG Line w/Night Package
- Exterior Lighting Package
- Premium Package
- Multimedia Package
- Driver Assistance Package
- Parking Assistance Package