2023 Toyota GR86 Trim Levels Explained: The 2023 Toyota GR86 is among the most enjoyable and captivating sports cars you can purchase, a unique island of reasonably priced enjoyment surrounded by a big ocean of SUVs and trucks. It has superb balance and exhilarating driving characteristics because of its front-engine, rear-wheel-drive arrangement, and low curb weight. But violent straight-line acceleration is not a hallmark of sports vehicles like the GR86. They are better at tearing up winding back roads, however. And the GR86 is ideal for drivers who want a fun, affordable sports coupe and don’t mind its compact size.
What’s new in the 2023 Toyota GR86 trim levels?
For the 2022 model year, Toyota completely revamped the GR86, adding modern technology, fresh looks, and a more powerful 2.4-liter engine that produces roughly 11% more horsepower and 18% more torque than the car’s outgoing 2.0-liter engine. With a 50% increase in chassis rigidity over the previous generation GR86, it significantly improves handling accuracy. A 6-speed automatic with paddle shifting or a 6-speed manual gearbox are also options for drivers, depending on their level of excitement.
Special Edition Trim Level
Toyota introduces a Special Edition trim level for 2023 that will only be produced in 860 units. The new GR86 Special Edition has black graphics on the rear roof pillar, a GR performance exhaust with black chrome tips, and a distinctive orange Solar Shift paint color. Along with an interior Special Edition emblem, the Special Edition trim level also has distinctive 18-inch black wheels with performance tires and a duckbill spoiler. It incorporates all the features featured in the top-tier model since it is based on the Premium trim level.
The GR86 is related to the Subaru BRZ, much as its predecessors, the Scion FR-S and Toyota 86, were. It also faces off against the Mazda MX-5 Miata, a stalwart among aficionados. Another competitor is the perennially well-liked Ford Mustang, which is American. Also, excellent alternatives are entertaining front-wheel-drive vehicles like the Volkswagen Golf GTI.
2023 Toyota GR86 Trim Levels
The four-seat, two-door Toyota GR86 is offered in Base and Premium trim levels in 2023. The rear wheels are driven by a 2.4-liter horizontally opposed four-cylinder engine that produces 228 horsepower and 184 lb-ft of torque. You can choose between a six-speed manual or automatic transmission.
2023 Toyota GR86 Standard Features
Now let’s go over the MSRP and standard features for the 2023 Toyota GR86 trim levels starting with the base model that has a starting MSRP of $27,900. The 2023 Toyota GR86 is a compact coupe with rear-wheel drive and a manual gearbox that was designed for the simple pleasure of driving.
Base – $27,900
The GR86 is well-equipped when ordered in base configuration trim level, including:
- 6-speed manual transmission
- Torsen limited-slip differential
- GR circuit-tuned:
- coil springs
- shock absorbers
- front knuckles
- and rear stabilizer bar
- GR circuit-tuned Electric Power Steering
- Dual chrome-tipped exhaust
- LED Daytime Running Lights
- LED rear combination lights
- Auto-leveling projector-type LED headlights and LED turn signal indicators
- Heated power outside mirrors
- 17-inch machined-finish alloy wheels
- Variable intermittent front windshield wipers
- Contrast-stitched interior accents
- Power windows with driver and front passenger one-touch auto up/down
- Rearview mirror with manual dim
- Dual-zone automatic climate control with dual LCD toggle displays
- One-piece folding rear seatback with fabric trim
- Remote keyless entry system and GR Push Button Start
- Two USB charging ports with auxiliary port
- Dual sun visors with vanity mirrors
- 7-inch GR digital gauge cluster with LCD Multi-Information Display
- GR leather-trimmed 3-spoke sport steering wheel with contrast stitching
- Leather-wrapped Hand-lever parking brake with silver contrast stitching
- Leather gearshift boot with silver contrast stitching
- Sport seats with black side bolsters and seat insert fabric with a G-embossed design
- 6-way adjustable driver’s seat
- 4-way adjustable front passenger seat
- 8-inch touchscreen infotainment with six speakers
- Apple CarPlay & Android Auto compatibility
- SiriusXM with a 3-month Platinum Plan trial subscription
- Backup camera with projected path
- Hill Start Assist Control
- Tire Pressure Monitoring System
- Vehicle Stability Control Track Mode
Premium – $30,500
With an MSRP of $30,500, the Premium is the highest of the 2023 Toyota GR86 trim levels. Every feature of the base model is included in the Premium, plus the following:
- 6-Speed automatic Transmission with paddle shifters
- Adaptive Front-Lighting System
- Color-keyed duckbill rear spoiler
- 18-in. matte black-painted alloy wheels
- Dual sun visors with illuminated vanity mirrors
- Fixed center console with cup holder, storage, and USB charging ports with aux
- Two-stage heated seats with leather-trimmed bolsters and Ultrasuede inserts
- One-piece folding rear seatback with Ultrasuede trim
- Aluminum sport pedals and footrest
- Leather-wrapped shift lever and knob
- 6-way adjustable driver’s seat with seatback pocket
- 4-way adjustable front passenger seat with seatback pocket
- Eight-speaker audio system including amp
- Blind Spot Detection
- Rear Parking Sonar with Reverse Automatic Braking
- GR86 Active Safety Suite which includes
- Pre-Collision Braking System
- Pre-Collision Throttle Management
- Adaptive Cruise Control
- Lead Vehicle Start Alert
- Lane Departure Warning with Sway Warning
- Automatic High Beams
Which 2023 Toyota GR86 Trim Level to Buy?
In terms of selecting a 2023 Toyota GR86 trim level, I advise selecting the Premium trim level. A duckbill-style rear spoiler, adaptive LED headlights, wider wheels with performance summer tires, and heated front seats with imitation suede and leather upholstery, are all included in this model.
Lastly, let’s go over the paint colors for the 2023 Toyota GR86 trim levels. There are seven available colors.
- Track bRed
- Trueno Blue
Okay, that’s it. I’m going to wrap this up. I went over the MSRP, standard features, which trim level to buy, and the paint colors for the 2023 Toyota GR86 trim levels. If you found this helpful, informative, or entertaining, please like, share, and subscribe to my channel.